Sunday, May 24, 2009

Don't BEE Scared









A few Saturday's ago we walked to the park to register Boston for AYSO soccer and as we were walking by we noticed a beehive chained to a tree. Not so unusual I know, but the thing that made me really look twice was the fact the kids were playing in the swarm and not getting stung. So naturally Boston wanted in on the action. She got right up to the hive and let the bees land on her, in fact she was even going to open the lid to look inside the box.
I have to tell you I was really nervous at first, but after a seconds of them flying by buzzing your face you kind of get used to it. It was one of the best experiences that Boston and I could of had. After all, it isn't everyday that you get to hold bees and play in their swarm for fun.

No comments: